Norddeutscher Lloyd’s Columbus was launched at the F. Schichau shipyard in Danzig on 17 December 1913. The new 34,356-ton liner was 751 feet long and had a beam of 83 feet. The twin-screw vessel, featuring two masts and two funnels, was rated to travel at 20 knots.
Columbus’ NDL career, however, essentially ended with her launch.
To continue, click the NEXT button on the top of this page.